Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's a Poor Girl To Do?

I want to try something new for this assignment--really new.  But I'm having trouble coming up with ideas.  Chop my hair off really short?  Too long-term--and potentially traumatizing.  Stay up to watch the sunrise?  Already done that.  Try cooking something new for my family or my girlfriend?  Hmm.  We already make a bunch of unorthodox things for American households (two nights ago--Thai green curry!  mmmmmm)
I think it's time for concrete-sequential me to make a list.  It's what I do best.  Caveat: this is just brainstorming--not all of the things in the list will be doable.  I'm just vomiting my brains onto the page.

Things I haven't done:
1.   Dance polka
2.   Rockclimb
3.   Skydive
4.   Watch horror movies
5.   Camp alone
6.   Successfully drive a manual transmission car further than a block
7.   Try roller derby (not as a spectator--I already know my name would be Cuppy Cake and my number would be 2,000 Calories)
8.   Hit on a bartender
9.   Participate in a protest or a march
10. Participate in a clinical study
11. Invent something
12. Allow those creepy kiosk-people at the mall to "show me something for my nails/hair"
13. Attend a "Jesus Camp"-style warehouse church service
14. Cross-dress
15. Perform CPR or clear an obstructed airway (even though I'm trained)
16. Watch an episode of "Jersey Shore"
17. Work on a farm
18. Be an extra on a film set
19. Live without one of my senses for a day (e.g. sight, hearing)
20. Make a quilt
21. Learn how to play the guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment